1. Icebreaker Men’s Hike Lite Crew Sock MSRP: $14.99 These socks are naturally odor resistant with the added bonus of flat toe seams meant to avoid blisters. Strategic cushioning adds to comfort and reinforcements improve durability.
2. FootBalance QuickFit Green Insoles MSRP: $44.99 These footbeds become customizable by heating them at 175 degrees for a max of five minutes or sooner if the heat indicator changes color. The next step is to put them in your shoes; tie them tight and walk around for five minutes to mold the footbeds to your feet. They feel great, says our tester, who has already put about 20 miles on them.
3. Peet Odor Eliminator MSRP: $79.99 Need help getting rid of some funky smells from your wading boots, hunting boots or rubber fishing boots? The Peet Odor Eliminator also works effectively on headwear and handwear. Operates on an AC adapter or batteries so you can take it to the field for scent-free hunting.
4. Bogs Footwear Women’s Urban Farmer 2 Eye Lace Boots MSRP: $90 Our tester found this boot to be useful for a variety of tasks. It is 100% waterproof while lightweight and incorporates the technology to help absorb and evaporate sweat. The mid-calf height is welcome for comfort and to help avoid overheating.
5.Vasque St Elias GTX MSRP: $189.99 Vasque makes some of the best hiking boots we’ve encountered and we’ve tested a lot of them. The St. Elias GTX boots are lightweight and sturdy with an all-leather upper so they are valuable in cooler weather. They are waterproof and equipped with a Vibram sole to improve grip on rugged terrain.
6. Smartwool Ultimate Hunt System Light Socks MSRP: $27.95 This sock system combines Smartwool’s Liner Crew and Hunting Light Crew to form warmth without bunching while maintaining flexibility. Not only does this system work well for hunters, we are also recommending it for wading anglers.
7. Bogs Footwear Womenʼs Boga Boots MSRP: $140 Comfort-rated from moderate temperatures to -4℉, these stylish boots offer soft fleece lining, warm insulation, waterproof suede uppers and rebound cushioning to keep your feet warm and dry all winter long. Whether heading to the ice house or just running errands around Anchorage last winter we found the Boga Boots fit the job perfectly.