This Kenai River Fishing Report gathers all the details from anglers out on the water to keep Fish Alaska readers up to date on the current fishing conditions.
July 19, 2023
Sockeye fishing is on fire! Limits within minutes. Great times at Big Dan’s Lodge! #bigdansfishingcharters #bigdansriverfrontlodge
July 17, 2023
Reds are running! Ron from Mitchell Scott Flies caught an easy limit on the Kenai! Swing on in to grab some spanker flies before you hit the river. Kenai Limit is 3 per day, 6 in possession and Kasilof Limit is 6 per day, 12 in possession. Make sure you are within daily and possession limits for the rivers you are fishing!
July 5, 2023
Alaska Fishing Adventures has been buzzing with excitement as they reel in incredible catches of sockeye salmon on the Kenai! #AlaskanFishingAdventures
July 1, 2023
Here’s some fishing EOs to watch out for this 4th of July weekend! Check out ADF&G for more info:
- Clams are open in Ninilchik area ONLY; today, July 1- Tuesday July 4th! We have clam shovels and guns in stock!
- Nick Dudiak Lagoon is open for snagging today, July 1- Tuesday July 4th! We have 6/0 and 8/0 snag hooks in stock.
- Kasilof River did liberalize sockeye limits to 6 per day, 12 in possession
- Kasilof River is restricted to single hook, no bait for kings and the limit is reduced to one hatchery king per day (remember it is 5 total per year in the Cook Inlet area)
- You can now target and keep yelloweye rockfish in Resurrection bay, check out the EO that went out this spring for this year’s new rockfish limits
Non-EO related news:
- Ling cod opener on the salt is today!!!
Good luck fishing!
June 20, 2023
First run of Kenai Reds are running! A quick limit caught on locally tied spankers by Mitchell Scott Fly Co., looks like green was the color of choice today! This year Soldotna Trustworthy Hardware and Fishing have Russian River Spankers and Kenai River Spankers with bigger hooks. Get out there and good luck fishing!