by Leah Bowman, Bradley Smoker
If you want to punch up the taste and flavors of that Alaska seafood offering for your next big dinner party, simply put your new Bradley Smoker to work with this easy and tasty recipe for fresh lingcod.
INGREDIENTS FOR BRINE
1 cup salt
2 cups brown sugar
1 gallon water
Bradley Flavor Bisquettes® – Alder
1 lingcod fillet, skin-on
1. Heat brine ingredients in a small sauce pan to dissolve salt and sugar.
2. Allow brine to cool to room temperature.
3. Brine lingcod for 90 minutes.
4. Remove from brine and pat dry.
5. Smoke at lowest setting with Alder Bisquettes for 90 minutes, maintaining a temperature less than 120° F at all times.
6. Preheat oven to broil setting.
7. Remove from smoker and transfer to baking dish.
8. Broil fillets for 5 minutes, serve immediately.