This Halibut Olympia is made with Alaskan halibut layered on a bed of caramelized onions, topped with Parmesan breading and white dill cream sauce.
Halibut Olympia Ingredients
- 1.5 lb. halibut fillet
- 1 ea. white or yellow onion (sliced or julienne cut)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup Japanese bread crumbs (Panko)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tsp. chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion until brown or caramelized, about 6- to 8 minutes and cool down.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, dill weed, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and when all together add salt & pepper to taste and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs, shredded parmesan, chopped parsley, paprika and melted butter and set aside.
- Cut halibut into 5- or 6-ounce fillet, layer caramelized onion on a baking dish pan. Place cut halibut on top of onions and then coat it with mayonnaise mix and sprinkle with bread-crumb mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees in a conventional oven for 10- to 12 minutes or until meat is flaky and serve.
The Lakefront Anchorage
The Fancy Moose Lounge | The Flying Machine Restaurant
Want more halibut? Find our favorite halibut-centered recipes by clicking here.
Want to find all of our delicious seafood recipes from Fish Alaska? Find all recipes from past issues and some bonus dishes here.