Parmesan-Crusted Alaska Cod with Summertime Arugula SaladCourse: Main, SaladsCuisine: Seafood
¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1 tsp kosher salt, plus more for dressing
3 tbsp mayonnaise
4 Alaska cod fillets (about 6- to
8 ounces each)
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
½ tbsp white wine vinegar
Freshly ground pepper
2½ ounces baby arugula
½ medium zucchini, sliced super thin
with a vegetable peeler or mandolin
2 tbsp mint chiffonade
½ cup blueberries or sliced figs
2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F and put the oven rack in the middle slot. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together panko, Parmesan, lemon zest, rosemary, and salt, then spread out on a plate. Spread mayonnaise on over the cod fillets. Take a cod fillet and press it, mayo-side down, into the plate of panko. Press down firmly so the mixture adheres evenly. Put the cod on the prepared baking sheet, panko side up, and repeat with the remaining fillets.
- Bake until fish is opaque and topping is light golden, about 10 minutes. Switch to broil and broil until the topping is golden brown, about two minutes more. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil and vinegar in a large bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the arugula, mint, and zucchini, and toss so they are fully but lightly coated in the oil and vinegar.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with blueberries and pine nuts. Arrange the cod fillets on top and garnish with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
311 N. Franklin St. STE 200
Juneau, AK 99801